RENEWAL / NEW MEMBERSHIP
OFFICIAL LIVERPOOL FC BRANCH
Dear Champions of England, Europe and the World,
Sounds good, doesn’t it? It’s fair to say that the past year has been memorable for many reasons, but the Reds have brought us a lot of happiness: the golden sky at the end of the storm.
The 2019/20 season has been big for the Madrid Reds too. How do you follow up on winning the Champions League in your home city? The answer is: with style. We were delighted to welcome Peter Moore, current LFC CEO, to our humble home, and hear his thoughts on why “This Means More”. Our Christmas celebration will be remembered for a long time, if only for our wonderful version of “Merry Christmas Everton”. We supported a number of charities, including the LFC Foundation and the Spanish Federation of Foodbanks (FESBAL). And then we stayed at home….but a zoom call with José Enrique and hearing his experiences was one bright day.
So now to 2020/21. A strange season. We have no idea when fans will be allowed back at Anfield – and this in turns means we have no idea what this means for tickets for Premier League home games. We are in dialogue with the club, and will share more information as soon as we have it – but in the meantime, we assure you that we will continue to make the Madrid Reds a community, a family, whether it is virtual or in person. We understand that people are going through hard times, and we value both your support and your friendship. If you need us, we are here for you.
This means more.
President, OLSC Madrid Reds.
Given current circumstances we have had to wait to inform you of this new membership and renewal process, other years in June we would have already published this text and even by this time we would already know which first round matches we would go to.
The club has just opened the possibility of making new Memberships, since that option had been closed for a few months. Using the link www.liverpoolfc.com/membership , you can now see all the information.
The veterans who chose the automatic renewal have already been charged – check your bank account.
One thing we want to make clear to you: as members of a Community, we encourage you to become Membership 20/21 and show LFC that the Madrid Reds is a great Branch, but BE AWARE! The Madrid Reds Fee and Liverpool Official Membership are two different things. To be an active member of the Madrid Reds, you are not required to be an official member of Liverpool. We are aware that many people have more important expenses to face in these difficult times. However, when Anfield tickets become available again, the official LFC Membership will be required to apply for admission (In fact, Membership IS the entry, as most of you know).
Below we give you the two options.
We’re clarifying this because, honestly, we do not know what to say about whether you are going to need the LFC Membership this season for ticket access, because it is not known if, when and how we will be able to go to Liverpool this season. From the club, we’re getting a message that is logical: “At the moment, we have no information, apart from the government’s advice regarding fans in stadiums. Once we have more information about it, we will share with the OLSC.” There are many rumours, but no certainties.
So look at the options in the link stated and decide. The reason to become one or the other Membership is as simple as reading the many benefits that each of the cards provides: Discounts, gifts, LFC TV, etc. You will find it on the LFC website. Read everything carefully.
That said, there are only two Memberships that give access to Anfield, they are:
1 * Membership Light, with a cost of 30.43€
2 * Full Membership, with a cost of 47.35€
THE INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP DOESN’T GIVE US ACCESS TO THE STADIUM.
Those of you who take out LFC Membership for the first time, you must select in their questionnaire that you belong to the Madrid Branch (Madrid Reds is not listed as such, our official name is Madrid OLSC Branch, there is no confusion, in Madrid there is only one branch).
When the time comes when we can return to football and before going to Anfield, it will be essential for those who have not gone before to link it to Branch through the Friends and Family system. To be able to do it correctly, contact us by email (email@example.com) and Simon Howard will explain to you, when the time comes, how to do it.
Remember that, apart from the tickets that we can request through the Branch, as a holder of the Membership you can request tickets individually when the deadlines for it are opened. Obviously this applies to when we can return to the stadium. Check and be aware of the LFC web, we will not notify of that date, that is your individual responsibility.
RENEWAL OR NEW ENROLLMENT INTO THE MADRID REDS
Although you can be a member of Madrid Reds from anywhere in the world, to have the right to request tickets for matches in Anfield through Madrid Reds, you must have your residence in Spain.
The annual fee for Madrid Reds this 2020/21 season is the same: €20.
However, if you pay before September 30, 2020, you will have a 10% discount, so it will be only €18. For children, the fee is reduced to €10.
STEPS TO FOLLOW FOR RENEWAL / NEW MEMBERSHIP:
- If you did not register last year, enter your full details using this link:
*This is important due to compliance with the data protection law.
- If you already registered last year and still have Simon Howard’s bank account details, make the payment and send a confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- In the email, confirm the beneficiary information so that we can match the payment with the member. For the bank transfer, be careful! You must put in the “subject” of the Bank: CUOTA BRANCH 2020/21 DE xxxYOURNAME
- If you do not have the Madrid Reds bank account number, please send an email to email@example.com and we will send you the account details.
- Simon will send you the confirmation that the fee has been received.
- If your personal details (address, email address) have changed in the last year, please let us know.
- If you would like to be removed from our database, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , entitled UNSUBSCRIBE.
Just in case:
DO NOT communicate with us through Facebook, Messenger, personal emails, WhatsApp or any other way.
ONLY this email is valid.
WE WILL NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS ASKED USING OTHER MEANS.
IMPORTANT: last year we had problems because, for example, a mother or girlfriend was transferring her son’s/boyfriend’s quota. So, what happened is that by not specifying for whom it was paid, the person who appeared in our list was the payer.
Whoever pays they must say THE NAME OF THE MEMBER in the concept field during the bank transfer.
UNFORTUNATELY, WE HAVE FOUND OUT THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE APPROACHED THE BRANCH WITH THE SOLE INTENTION OF GOING TO ANFIELD.
BECAUSE OF THAT, WE IN THE COMMITTEE WILL ASSESS APPLICATIONS WHEN GRANTING TICKETS TO ANFIELD ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES:
- THE LINK THE MEMBER HAS WITH THE BRANCH,
- THE NUMBER OF YEARS WITHIN MADRID REDS,
- REGULAR ATTENDANCE IN THE TRISKEL (ALTHOUGH THE EVIDENT EXCEPTION IS PEOPLE OUTSIDE MADRID WHO ARE ALREADY VETERANS IN THE BRANCH)
- PARTICIPATION IN OUR ACTIVITIES.
WE WANT EVERYONE WHO GOES TO LIVERPOOL TO BE “FAMILIAR FACES.”
The feeling of COMMUNITY is very important for us.
Madrid Reds will try so that every member can go to Anfield at least once during the season,
BUT this cannot be guaranteed, particularly in the current circumstances.
As you know…
- All matches are broadcast in the Triskel tavern, Madrid, Corredera Alta de San Pablo, 20, 28004 Madrid. Metro Tribunal. All roads lead to Triskel!
- Matches are shown downstairs in the cavern. It is always advertised on our Facebook page. Next season, everything is likely to be up in the air due to social distancing and maximum capacity at the pub, so this will be confirmed on Facebook
- Remember the rule. One Membership = one ticket. You can’t loan the membership to a friend or family member, or ask for two tickets with one membership. We are being warned again that LFC will be increasingly vigilant against this abuse and ticket assignments.
- We do not organise travel or accommodation. Everyone sorts themselves out but we will get together to do sightseeing, for the pre and post-match drinks in the King Harry pub, near Anfield, and for dinner.
What does belonging to Madrid Reds afford you?
Logically, anyone can come to watch the game with us at the Triskel Tavern. Moreover, we are delighted by this. ON CERTAIN OCCASIONS SPACE WILL BE RESERVED FOR PAID UP MEMBERS OF MADRID REDS AND REGULAR FRIENDS.
MATCHES AT ANFIELD
Again, we need to repeat that this information is subject to what happens during this coming season.
In general, the committee looks at which matches we are most likely to get tickets for. Given our experience we decide. Requesting tickets for matches against the top teams and the Derby usually means that, like last year we only have access to five matches instead of six. This was the case last year.
While this is still subject to safety measures, as an indication, the option we have chosen has been:
– 6 matches
– 3 in the first half and 3 in the second half of the season
– 14 tickets for each match.
Beyond this, it is important to confirm that any match dates are approximate – TV pays and they will decide on changes, but we will advise on confirmed dates when they are known.
Therefore we ask that, once we know which matches we have, members request tickets in a responsible way. Once the member requests that ticket and it is assigned, that ticket is theirs, they have to pay for it and it is not enough for them to later say they can’t go because… it doesn’t matter why. The branch will help you in trying to transfer this ticket to someone else, with enough notice, but that’s a different thing. If your ticket cannot be transferred, the original requestor is responsible for its payment. Also we remind you again that the Membership cannot be transferred to a friend, cousin, partner, etc. If they catch us doing that, it would affect the WHOLE supporters club, not just the individual who did it.
Be VERY attentive to changes in calendars and schedules, the second part of the season is usually especially sensitive with Cups, Champions League, etc.
Tickets for each game are paid separately, we manage them through Branch by transferring the money to the account referred to previously. LFC usually contacts us BETWEEN 4-6 WEEKS before to CONFIRM that we have the tickets and where we are in the stadium.
Obviously, we will notify as soon as possible who has been granted entry or not, in order to book flights and hotels as far in advance as possible.
This last year there was a price for the matches that ranged between 45-80 Euros ticket, depending on the area of the stadium where we are located.
We pay the same as any other person who goes to the stadium, unlike travel agencies or companies you can find on the internet that charge extras.
The Branch only has the right to attend Premier league games.
We do not have tickets for the Cups or Europe under any circumstances.
However, as a member of the LFC (having a membership), individual cup tickets can be requested.
We do not have tickets for the English Cups, or Champions in any case. We have tried and will continue to try to see, if the club plays a European competition in Spain, we receive a quota of tickets, BUT so far it has been impossible due to the massive following and loyalty of the Travelling Kop.
- We also give a gift/souvenir for each season. So far we have had scarves, T-shirts, polos, keychains, breakfast mugs and beer glasses. Most of them are for sale on request.
- The remaining money is used to throw an annual party, to spend on other branch activites (making banners, etc.) that the board deem appropriate and to make a donation to the Foundation
- We have a commitment with you that there will be a huge party to celebrate the 19/20 Premier League win, when circumstances allow it.
- Anyone who wants to know the status and justification of the accounts can request it.
- Another important point is that we are obliged (so as to speak) to participate with the Liverpool Foundation. We also carry out initiatives in the Community of Madrid, supporting local NGOs on behalf of LFC. Helping the Aaqua food bank was quite a success over the last three years.
*Anyone who wants to know the status and justification of our expenses in the accounts can ask for information.
We ALL have to think of initiatives of any kind, social, sporting etc.
We strongly encourage you to propose anything in this regard.
We are also open and eager for you to write articles on the Web, Facebook etc.
Signed by the Madrid reds Committee:
Jackie Willcox-Tomlinson – President
Simon Howard – Treasurer
Jose A. Pastor – Secretary
Paul Hodkinson y Amador Moreno