As we get ready for the visit of Antonio Conte’s men to Anfield on saturday, we asked Chelsea fan James Cranfield to give us his thoughts…
- So, how is your season going so far?
In a nutshell, “typical Chelsea”. We beat Atletico away and then Palace get their only 3 points of the season so far from us, then we get thrashed by Roma at home and beat United. Pretty much “Business As Usual” for a team that has finished 1st, 10th and 1st in the league in the past 3 years!
- Surely you have all the players you could ever need? Any gaps in your squad that we can exploit?
No obvious gaps, but we have been vulnerable to the counter attack, so best bet would be to sit back and let us attack. Please.
- The media has made a big thing of the relationship between Conte and the players: is there any truth in this, or is it another example of fake news?
Fake news. It’s hard to imagine the troops not rallying behind such a charismatic and passionate manager. And a much better advert for hair transplants than Wayne.
- Everyone thinks City is going to run away with the league…where do you think you will finish?
Looks like City’s season, doesn’t it? Hard to write anything off before Christmas, but they are formidable this year. I think Chelsea will be runners up.
- And finally – what are your expectations for the game this Saturday?
0 – 1. Morata will score in the 80th minute and Chelsea will then park the big blue bus. Don’t put your (Robbie Fowler) house on it though because we might be really tired after Qarabag on Wednesday 😉